2018-2019 NGHS Swim & Dive Team Registration
It is time to register for the NGHS Swim & Dive team. NGHS Swim & Dive's team website (nghsswim.swimtopia.com) will be utilized for online registration, meet RSVP, volunteer signups this year.Below is what you need to know about registration. It’s a lot of information but should answer most of your questions. Please take note of the Upcoming Events at the very end (Including a Pre-conditioning opportunity beginning 9/10 that is new this year). This section will be in most of the correspondence you receive and contains important dates and deadlines.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 12th
6:00 pm - Registration & Apparel will be set up and ready to take paperwork and assist with suit fittings and spirit wear purchases.
7:00 pm – Meeting begins
WHERE: NGHS Theater
WHO: All interested athletes & their parents
BEFORE YOU COME:
- Complete Online Registration Form through team site https://nghsswim.swimtopia.
com/. (Registration button is near the upper right corner of the homepage)
- If you pay by credit card through the site, there is a 2.9% transaction fee added to your total that will appear on your statement.
- If you choose to pay by check, make the check payable to NGHSSDBC (North Gwinnett HS Swim & Dive Booster Club).
- Complete Electronic Participation Forms Online at www.rankonesport.com. These forms are required by the school and MUST be on file by October 9 in order for the athlete to practice/compete with the team.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- The hard copy of the Physical Examination Form signed by your physician should be taken to Kathy Johnson in Room 800 at the school or can be turned in at registration. If your athlete has a physical on file from a fall or spring 2018 sport, please let us know at registration.
- Payment ($365) If paying by check. There is a $25 discount for each additional athlete in a family.
WHAT ATHLETES RECEIVE WITH REGISTRATION:
- Swimmers – Team suit, team t-shirt & 2 personalized caps
- Divers – Team suit, team t-shirt & chamois
The team will be wearing Adidas suits again this year. There are two styles available for boys and girls. During registration, each style will be available to try on. It is very important that each athlete try on the suits to find the best fit because there can be NO reorders. Additionally, samples of spirit wear and team items will be available to purchase. The Apparel Committee will be sending more information about pricing and additional suit fittings. Uniforms must be ordered by 9/15 to arrive in time for the first meet. All athletes must be registered by this date in order to have a uniform.
Attendance and Practice
North Gwinnett Swim & Dive team requires its athletes to attend at least 80% of all scheduled practices (Monday through Friday for NG practices, Monday through Saturday for USAS practices, twice weekly for divers). Failure to attend practices on a regular basis may result in an athlete not being allowed to participate in NG competitions or removal from the team.
Refunds and Deadlines
- A student who registers for the NGHS Swim & Dive Team and then chooses to withdraw from the team at any time before October 28th is eligible for a refund minus a $25 administrative fee and any optional apparel ordered by the student. The administrative fee defrays the cost of uniform apparel ordered for each registered athlete.
- A student who is not offered a spot on the team after tryouts are completed is eligible for a full refund minus a $25 administrative fee and any optional apparel ordered by the student.
- Gwinnett County booster club dues will be paid by the team on October 28, 2018 and are nonrefundable. No team refunds will be given after October 28, 2018.
- Any student who is dismissed from the team by the coaches for any irregularities, as outlined in the NGHS Swim & Dive Team Handbook, will not be eligible for any refund at any time.
** ALL FORMS must be completed and signed and payment received before your athlete is considered registered. Please read forms carefully. Some require a parent’s signature and some require the athlete’s signature. There will be a $25 late fee for forms and payment received after Tuesday, October 9. No exceptions.
**TEAM SPONSORSHIP - Forms are available on the website. Consider sponsoring or asking local businesses to sponsor the swim team. You will receive 10% back via check.
**PRE CONDITIONING OPPORTUNITY - We will be starting Pre-conditioning on Monday, Sept 10. Sessions will be held on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2:30 - (approx) 3:15. Meet at the pavilion by the track. Athletes must have all their paperwork turned in and be eligible on Rank One Sports.
UPCOMING EVENTS (subject to change):
Monday, Sept. 10th (New this year) - Pre-conditioning begins. (Must have Physical completed and be fully compliant on Rank One)
Wednesday, Sept. 12th - Registration NGHS theater at 6:00pm meeting begins at 7:00pm
Friday Sept. 15th – Uniform order due. All Athletes must be registered and fitted by this day.
Tuesday, Oct. 9 – All forms/payment must be turned in or athlete will be ineligible to practice. $25 late fee if forms come in after this date.
Monday, Oct. 15th - Swim Practice Begins at Bogan (Time TBA)
Dive Practice Begins at West Gwinnett this week (Time TBA)
*Divers must bring copy of Physical to Coach Ranney*
Friday, Oct. 26th (tentative) - Swim Time Trials at Bogan (3-4:30pm/Parent timers needed)
Monday, Oct. 29th (tentative) – Team members announced
Thursday, Nov. 1st– Season Kick-Off Party at NGHS multi-purpose room 6:00pm
Saturday, November 3rd - First meets: North vs. Norcross and Walton at Collins Hill Aquatics Center 7:15am and/or North vs. Brookwood/Mill Creek/Parkview at West Gwinnett Aquatics Center at 6:30 pm
Got Questions? Let us know!
North Gwinnett Swim and Dive Booster Club
Team Website: nghsswim.swimtopia.com
Team Email: email@example.com
To purchase items through the NG Swim & Dive Swim Outlet
affiliate site click this link: