It is time to register for the NGHS Swim & Dive team. The team has a fantastic new website which will be utilized for online registration, meet RSVP, volunteer signups as well as several other great features. Below is what you need to know about registration. It’s a lot of information but should answer most of your questions. Please take note of theUpcoming Events at the very end. This section will be in most of the correspondence you receive and contains important dates and deadlines.
WHEN: Monday, September 18
6:00 pm - Registration & Apparel will be set up and ready to take paperwork and assist with suit fittings and spirit wear purchases.
7:00 pm – Meeting begins
WHERE: NGHS Theater
WHO: All interested athletes & their parents
BEFORE YOU COME:
- Complete Online Registration Form through team sitehttps://nghsswim.swimtopia.
- If you pay by credit card through the site, there is a 2.9% transaction fee added to your total that will appear on your statement.
- If you choose to pay by check, make the check payable to NGHSSDBC (North Gwinnett HS Swim & Dive Booster Club).
- Complete Electronic Participation Forms Online at www.rankonesport.com. These forms are required by the school and MUST be on file by October 9 in order for the athlete to practice/compete with the team.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- The hard copy of the Physical Examination Form signed by your physician should be taken to Kathy Johnson in Room 600 at the school or can be turned in at registration. If your athlete has a physical on file from a fall or spring 2017 sport, please let us know at registration.
- Payment ($350) If paying by check. There is a $25 discount for each additional athlete in a family.
WHAT ATHLETES RECEIVE WITH REGISTRATION:
- Swimmers – Team suit, team t-shirt & 2 personalized caps
- Divers – Team suit, team t-shirt & chamois
The team will be wearing Adidas suits this year. This is a new brand, and there are two styles available for boys and girls. During registration, each style will be available to try on. It is very important that each athlete try on the suits to find the best fit because there can be NO reorders. Additionally, samples of spirit wear and team items will be available to purchase. The Apparel Committee will be sending more information about pricing and additional suit fittings. Uniforms must be ordered by 9/22 to arrive in time for the first meet. All athletes must be registered by this date in order to have a uniform.
Attendance and Practice
North Gwinnett Swim & Dive team requires its athletes to attend at least 80% of all scheduled practices (Monday through Friday for NG practices, Monday throughSaturday for USAS practices, twice weekly for divers). Failure to attend practices on a regular basis may result in an athlete not being allowed to participate in NG competitions or removal from the team.
Refunds and Deadlines
- A student who registers for the NGHS Swim & Dive Team and then chooses to withdraw from the team at any time before November 1 is eligible for a refund minus a $25 administrative fee and any optional apparel ordered by the student. The administrative fee defrays the cost of uniform apparel ordered for each registered athlete.
- A student who is not offered a spot on the team after tryouts are completed is eligible for a full refund minus a $25 administrative fee and any optional apparel ordered by the student.
- Gwinnett County booster club dues will be paid by the team on November 1, 2017and are nonrefundable. No team refunds will be given after November 1, 2017.
- Any student who is dismissed from the team by the coaches for any irregularities, as outlined in the NGHS Swim & Dive Team Handbook, will not be eligible for any refund at any time.
** ALL FORMS must be completed and signed and payment received before your athlete is considered registered. Please read forms carefully. Some require a parent’s signature and some require the athlete’s signature. There will be a $25 late fee for forms and payment received after Monday, October 9. No exceptions.
**TEAM SPONSORSHIP - Forms are available on the website. Consider sponsoring or asking local businesses to sponsor the swim team. You will receive 10% back via check.
UPCOMING EVENTS (subject to change):
Monday, Sept. 18 - Registration NGHS theater at 6:00pm meeting begins at 7:00pm
Friday Sept. 22 – Uniform order due. All Athletes must be registered and fitted by this day.
Monday, Oct. 9 – All forms/payment must be turned in or athlete will be ineligible to practice.
Monday, Oct. 9 – Diving Organizational Meeting at West Gwinnett 6:30pm
Monday, Oct. 16 - Swim Practice Begins at Bogan (Time TBA)
Dive Practice Begins at West Gwinnett this week (Time TBA)
*Divers must bring copy of Physical to Coach Ranney*
Friday, Oct. 27 (tentative) - Swim Time Trials at Bogan (3-4:30pm/Parent timers needed)
Saturday, Oct. 28 – Dive Clinic at Berkmar HS 1:00pm
Monday, Oct. 30 (tentative) – Team members announced
Wednesday, Nov. 1– Season Kick-Off Party at NGHS multi-purpose room 6:00pm
Saturday, November - 1st meet v. Norcross and Walton at W. Gwinnett Aquatics Center7:15am
Got Questions? Let us know!